Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Food for thought

I didn't plan on posting this much but there was a comment today in class that I can't help but share.  We have been reading Chrysanthemum, a wonderful story all about names and the way our words make people feel.  Two key words for this story are wilted and bloomed.  Today two questions were asked.   What makes you wilt?  What makes you bloom?  We took time to fill out a sheet with our answers and a picture to match.  The activity turned out beautifully and was the first addition to our class bulletin boards.
As I said there was one comment that just made me happy and feel the need to share.
"I bloom when I laugh"
Could there be a better saying than that?  Don't we all feel good when we laugh?  It made me stop and think how we should always find joy in our day, even in the smallest things. 

Now that you have seen some of our work today I want to ask you a question, have you laughed today? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment